Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hump Day

I'm pretty stoked for my first 3-day weekend as a working girl. Time to sleep in like the professional I am. Well, except for that little mishap where I decided to graciously agree to drive back home to Missouri this weekend to help my parents move in to their new abode. Perhaps Monday's schedule will provide for extra sleep time. I wish the same for you, as well, fellow Earth dwellers.

I'm sure you ladies will understand when I say this, but I am mighty proud of my "business" attire for today. And may I say, I am rockin' it. I don't think any girl can go wrong with a nicely fitted pencil skirt, a flow-y blouse, a cardigan, and some killer heels. So, fellow office gals, embrace your business fashion and rock out with those two-piece suits and blazers! Time to show the boys how it's done!

School has started up once again. What a lovely time of year. Must say though, it is very strange for me. I have friends who are still working on their undergrads, or who decided to pursue a Masters, and it is eye-opening to receive texts and phone calls about textbooks, lectures, and homework. I feel so left-out! I never thought I would say this, but, I miss school! GASP. Let's try to keep that between you and me, okay? Even my own mother is back in school. Such a surreal experience to be graduated and moving on from the education process. 16 years of my life spent in school preparing for this moment, and now it's finally here! The real world has welcomed me with open arms, however. And thank goodness, I'm so grateful for that.

...there is a cricket under my desk...

Is everyone pumped for the first Razorback game? I was just given the 411 on how season tickets, tail gating, and parking works. My reaction? "WOW." As a student, you pay $1 per game, and just have to move your car from campus the night before any home game. Attending just ONE game as a non-student cost upwards of $150! That's dedication right there, people. Considering most games are sold out. Razorback nation, y'all!

Want to read a funny, travel related, story? This made me crack up. Carnival Cruises is being sued...wait for it...over a hairy chest contest! Check this out. Pretty far out there, right? Poor Carnival. I lament for hairy chests everywhere. Such travesty.

Our wonderful clients, Slade and Holly, have returned from a wonderful get-away in Punta Cana. They have also just become the new cover photo for Destinations facebook! Go and take a look at the lovely couple, and their beach romance. I'm a big enough person to admit that I'm a little jealous.

Okay...a lot jealous.

Also, this cricket is still creeping me out.  He's like a little cricket ninja.


Keep calm, travel on. 









 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails