Monday, August 6, 2012

The New Girl

Today I was given the account information and password for the Destinations blog. Whether this decision by my superiors will turn out to be a stroke of genius, or a horrible disaster, is yet to be known. My slightly sarcastic, yet refreshingly optimistic attitude, will hopefully make for a good read. I plan on wowing you all with my witty prowess and fun-loving sense of humor.

Not to keep you in the dark any longer of my mystery identity, I shall reveal myself here: My name is Kristin Ray, and I'm the new "agent in training" here at Destinations. I'm 23 years old, a recent graduate of the University of Arkansas (Go Hogs!), with a Bachelors in International Relations. I hail from the wonderful Show-Me State of Missouri, but in absolutely no way have any loyalties to Mizzou or those pesky Tigers. After making Fayetteville my home, I'm glad to say that I might just be an Arkansas girl at heart, and forever. Much to my much dismay, I am embarrassingly obsessed with my dogs, who will more than likely frequent future posts. Introductions are in order, I believe. Charles is my royally obnoxious 3 year old Bloodhound, with what appears to be a mission to destroy all of my most precious valuables. Recent victims have been two TV remotes, multiple computer speakers, two wooden spatulas, and countless new articles of clothing. It's very possible that the sole source of my love for this animal derives from what can only be described as undeniable cuteness. I often try to get away with blaming his behavior on the fact that he was a "pound puppy," although that seems unfair since Prudence, dog number two, is also a rescue. Prudence is the lovable "motherly" type. At 4 years old, she's already had her own litter of cuties, and is a Beagle/Terrier mix whose soul purpose in life is to keep me warm on cold winter nights. I shall warn you now that pictures will most likely appear on a regular basis. If you are adverse to overwhelming cute furriness, I suggest that you shield your eyes now.


            I only hope my future children are as loved as these two rascals.

Now, on to important business (sorry, doggies!). I am pleased to announce that on Wednesday (8/6/12) I embark on my first official FAM Trip! Now, for those of you in the dark, a FAM trip is a "familiarization trip" with resort sponsored inspections which are used exclusively to educate us savvy travel agents on all the latest and greatest.  I'll be arriving to the El Dorado Royal in Riviera Maya on Wednesday afternoon, and will be spending the evening, and the following two days, touring and learning about all the Karisma Resorts in the surrounding area. But, it's not going to be all work and no play. I have the chance to visit the beaches during my lunch breaks and evenings, and even have the opportunity to spend my last day in Mexico taking in a popular excursion that includes snorkeling, cave exploring, and zip lining! Now, this isn't my first attempt to leave the country, but it will be my first success. So, as you can probably predict, I'm quaking with excitement. Upon my return I promise I will update you all on what I hope to be a life changing experience. I have always wanted to travel the world, and Wednesday marks the start of a wonderful journey that will hopefully give me every opportunity to make that dream come true! Even better, my new experiences will end up helping someone else create their own great memories. What else could anyone ask for?

Beach photos will surely be posted next week. And don't worry, I'll make sure to keep those bikini clad shots for my own personal use. ;) I will make it my duty to recount my experiences as clearly and truthfully as possible. I do not want to keep my experiences over seas, or even in the office, a secret. I wish you invite you all to join me on my journey as a young woman beginning her (what I hope will be) blossoming career. Perhaps you can live vicariously through me, or use this blog as a source of nostalgia, or inspiration for future travel! If anything else, photos of Charles and Prudence are a good enough reason drop by, right? =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails