Thursday, February 9, 2012

Travel Question: Are You Scared of Flying?


Here's a funny blog that I think you will enjoy!

Here's a handy tip for how to feel better...

I'm not scared of flying, but since I'm pretty much freaked out by everything else (elevators, spiders, the dark), I have a tip for how to chill out when you're nervous...
When I get claustrophobic in an elevator, I imagine exactly what I'm going to do once I get out of the elevator. 'I'm going to walk down the hallway and chat with my co-workers,' I'll think to myself. I'll even think about later that day: 'Tonight, I'm going to watch 30 Rock reruns and make cheesy pasta for dinner,' I'll tell myself. By imagining what will happen after the scary incident (elevator ride, plane trip), I'm able to take the focus off the present moment and distract myself from my jitters.
Another thing to remember is that big commercial airplanes are super safe and easy to fly. I was once sitting next to an off-duty captain and he lamented to me, "Flying a commercial plane is like driving a bus!" So easy, it's boring!
What about you guys? Are you scared of flying? What helps you feel better? Positive thinking? Reading a magazine? A big glass of wine before take-off?

Read More http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2009/12/travel-question-are-you-scared.html#ixzz1lvJVwqo5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails