Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Dying Mema's Wish


Mema with her grandchildren
I recently had the privilege to plan a very special family vacation. When Marla contacted me initially, I had no idea how closely we would work together and how near and dear her family's special vacation would be to my heart. Mema took the whole family to The Reef Atlantis March 5-12 for an unforgettable family vacation as she is drawing near the end of her life. I have great admiration for Mema. Read Marla's touching testimonial below.
Family always came first with my mother-in-law. She set the tradition of a family vacation so all her grandchildren could be together for at least one week out of the year. When this amazing woman was diagnosed with glioblastoma brain cancer, she fought with all her might until her doctors said any further treatment would be of no help. It came as no real surprise when we asked her if there was anything she wanted to do; she said she wanted to take a trip. Not just any trip, she wanted to take her whole family, all 15 of us, plus her caregiver to The Reef Atlantis in the Bahamas.
A friend of mine recommended Destinations. I can never express how grateful I am for all the work Sarah did to help us take this journey. She organized 11 expedited passports, travel for 4 families including 8 children and our severely mobility impaired Mema, lodging, meal plans and very good travel insurance-- all within three weeks of my initial contact to the office. Sarah went above and beyond to help make our Mema's last wish for a great family vacation come true.

I will without hesitation recommend Destinations to anyone who asks and even those who don't! - Marla Sheely
The Dolphin Experience
The view from their rooms
Marla's boys having fun at an Atlantis photo op

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails